On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:28:13AM +0100, Justin Ossevoort wrote:
> On 15/02/12 17:59, Hugo Mills wrote:
> >    It's a "temporary" location (6 months and counting) while
> > kernel.org is static-pages-only.
> >
> >    Hugo.
> >

> Couldn't btrfs.wiki.kernel.org be made a CNAME for btrfs.ipv5.de for the
> time being until kernel.org is up and running?
> Or alternatively all requests could be
> proxied/frame-forwarded/redirected (in order of preference, to make sure
> everybody keeps using the original url as much as possible) to
> btrfs.ipv5.de?

   That would require additional effort on the part of kernel.org,
which probably won't be forthcoming. I don't really have any authority
to ask kernel.org people to do anything anyway -- it'll probably have
to come from Chris.

> Kernel.org is a complex site and I can easily foresee them having to
> spent months still fixing/hardening all of it's internals and backends
> before getting around to these "extra" project facilities.

   Indeed. It's not clear whether we'll get the kernel.org wiki back
in writable form at all.

   Hugo.

              --- Python is executable pseudocode; perl ---
                        is executable line-noise.