Hallo, Duncan,

Du meintest am 26.02.12:

> It's astonishing to me the number of people that come in here
> complaining about problems with a filesystem the kernel option of
> which says

> Title:

> Btrfs filesystem (EXPERIMENTAL) Unstable disk format

> Description (excerpt):

> Btrfs is highly experimental, and THE DISK FORMAT IS NOT YET
> FINALIZED.  You should say N here unless you are interested in
> testing Btrfs with non-critical data.

Just take a look at Fedora.
The maintainers had planned to use btrfs as standard filesystem for
Fedora 16 (but haven't done so), they had planned to use btrfs for
Fedora 17, but perhaps hesitate, see

  https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/704

There are some other distributions which also seem to (perhaps) follow
the "bleading edge".

And therefore end users believe that using btrfs is safe.
(I've learned my lesson ...)

Just for the record: using btrfs (when it runs stable) may reduce many
other problems on my system. I'm still hoping.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut