>    They're harmless -- it's a side-effect of the way that mkfs works.
> They'll go away if you balance them:
>
>    btrfs balance start -dprofiles=single -mprofiles=single -sprofiles=single
> /mountpoint

btrfs refused this command, I had to pass --force to execute it.
It exited with this:Done, had to relocate 2 out of 2710 chunks.

After that btrfs fi df shows the following:

 Data, RAID1: total=2.64TiB, used=2.22TiB
 System, RAID1: total=8.00MiB, used=380.00KiB
>System, single: total=4.00MiB, used=0.00<
 Metadata, RAID1: total=4.00GiB, used=2.94GiB

>    btrfs fi label should do this.

I was mainly asking because of this:
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/UseCases: You can also use
btrfs command.There are currently few limitations: the filesystem has
to be unmounted the filesystem should not have more than one device

Is this information outdated?

> You might want to look at upgrading to 3.13 or 3.14 kernel, which
> has 6 months or so extra bug fixes in it.

Thanks, going to have a look if openSUSE has anything more recent in
their repositories.

Bye
Stefan