On 04/22/2017 11:17 AM, Duncan wrote:
> Hans van Kranenburg posted on Fri, 21 Apr 2017 12:26:18 +0200 as
> excerpted:
>
>> So, I used the clone functionality of the underlying iSCSI target to get
>> a writable throw-away version of the filesystem to experiment with
>> (great!).
>
> Please, I'm rather sure you know all this and have setup your system
> accordingly, but we need to try to make it explicit any time there's
> mention of any sort of device or filesystem cloning tool, that we tell
> others that may happen on the post either just reading the list or via a
> google or the like...

Ack. [1]

[1]
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Gotchas#Block-level_copies_of_devices

> [..... .. .. . ... .. . . .. . ..]
> (Of course the above is an explanation in far more detail than that
> single-liner, because it's the full topic of the post and I might as
> well, compared to the simple parenthetical I'm asking for when clone
> discussions come up.)

Thanks for stressing the fact.

And yes, the cloned iSCSI luns are only visible to a completely separate
server configured in another initiator group of the target, seen by
hardware that is not aware of what's happenning in the production cluster.

--
Hans van Kranenburg