Further details:
If I image using bullseye, then "stat -c %G nvme0n1" returns "disk". However under bookworm this returns "root".

On 8/30/24 16:13, CSCI Technician wrote:
Hi,

I'm attempting to deploy Debian bookworm and I have build a new nfsroot, etc. in the same way I have for bullseye. I'm running into the issue that disklist is blank. The subroutine all_disks_and_size is returning a correct list (with either a sda or nvme0 device depending on which build machine I try). However, both devices have ownership of "root:root" so it looks like checkdisk is failing as it is expecting the device to have a group owner of "disk".

I'm running into a wall on how to troubleshoot this issue further... any suggestions would be appreciated.

The logs are reporting FAI 6.2.3.

Cheers,
Merlin.

--