At the risk of being sucked into this flame war, I'll put in my two cents.

I do not hold with "davka" people. I don't think eating only non-kosher food
is a healthy thing for your soul. I also happen to think that when a large
group containing also people that cannot eat non-kosher is assembled, making
sure that the food is kosher is basic politness, and cannot be waved.

I can understand MosheZ on one point - this point is something called
"consumer boycott". Basically - I see a behaviour that I deem wrong. I
understand that this behaviour comes (like everything else) from financial
reasons (i.e. - the fear of all the people that will not buy from me if I
don't keep it kosher makes me go and make it kosher). I say "fine, I'll
create a counter pressure group", and I boycott places that have a kosher
certificate. Not because I have anything against kosher, or those places.
Just because I want those places to understand that they have something to
lose by doing what I see as giving in to blackmail (the fact that a place is
open on Sabbath, for instance, bears no relation whats'oever to the question
of whether the food is kosher. I have checked that with authorized people).

Three points I would like made clear at this stage:
A. This is not a consumer boycott I personally apply, just one I can
understand.
B. I don't think this applies in any way to a case in which the decision is
made for a large group of people, especially if it is known that this group
contains people who cannot eat non-kosher.
C. I understand that even MosheZ doesn't claim that the place should be
non-kosher, just that he will not attend under those circumstances. I am
sure we can all grow to appretiate MosheZ insistance on the matter he
believes in, but not change our decision as a result.

                    Just my ~8 agorout worth
                                    Shachar