MT>> the Windows MSIE used to suck bigtime as well. theyv'e got the corporate
MT>> funding and manpower to improve it. and they will.

I do not believe that. Solaris MSIE was "proof of concept" product. It had
played it's purpose, there's no slightest reason to spend on it any more -
it will never be as good as the real MSIE, since the real power of MSIE in
is OS integration, component export and immediate availability. Nothing of
this will work with Solaris MSIE.

MT>> Probably a part of their .Net strategy, a transition to service
MT>> providing.  And dominating the *NIX web browser market it a

Microsoft doesn't need Unix market to exist. The less products will work
on Unix, the stronger will be the urge to move it to Windows. So simple.
They just wanted to show that they can make it on Unix if they wanted. But
I do not believe they want this market to flourish and to support it.
And this has nothing to do with .net, .net is just DCOM-on-steroids, so if
they wanted .net on Solaris, they would port the .net infrastructure,
starting with Visual and bytecode tools, and not the browser.

MT>> definite goal, since the browser is a key element in "feeding
MT>> people" with the information of their choice. (i.e, the recently
MT>> popular smart tags)

Smart tags technology was available from various providers for years. I
really don't understand this hype about it. Most people will turn it off,
like infamous office paperclip, and those who will indeed find any use of
it, will use it.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells