On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Guy Cohen wrote:

> I don't see how. consider having 200 people fired from "whateverbigcompany"
> in a day, now since most of them are linux/unix professionals they are surly
> subscribe to linux-il. what if 30% of them decide to post a short message
> to the list saying they want a job? you'll have 50-70 emails for job
> requests? thats nice. I like tosee that in a technical/political list.
> It's very constructive to the overall float of information.

Then, let them post a short message to the list.  I would tolerate getting
a burst of 70 job request E-mail messages, once each few months.  gI never
saw such a burst during all the years in which the Linux-IL mailing list
exists.

And once the average gets to be 10 job related E-mail messages a week, I
am sure that few of the job seekers would be able to spare few hours to
add to www.iglu.org.il a mechanism for registering job seekers and for
helping employers look for them; and to post to Linux-IL a weekly
reminder for people to post their newbie questions to Gnubies-IL; and
to use the Web site for their job and/or employee searches.

                                             --- Omer