AVK>> that I, for some strange reason, can not delete. Whenever I
AVK>> try to change, delete, erase or do anything of the sort with
AVK>> them - I get the "permission denied" error. Even if I do that
AVK>> with my own removal code, writte from

try chattr -i <filename>. They may have "immutable" attribute set, which
prevents file from being deleted even by root. See man chattr. Of course,
before that, if we talking about contaminated machine, verify that chattr
is the original one :)
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells