of course:
% sudo apt-get install module-assistant

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Hi,

I have a debian system, I have the kernel source installed which it seems includes all the object modules. I want to add a missing module. There is
no reference to it in the .config file, but the source code is there.

Under dead rat (fedora) I would:

1.  Edit the .config file, and add the module name as
"CONFIG_<module_name>=m"
2.  Run "make oldconfig".

3.  Run "make bzImage". (Does debian use vmlinuz?)

4.  Run "make modules".

5.  Run "make modules_install".

6.  Copy the kernel to /boot

7.  Run lilo. (Why do they still use lilo?)

8.  Fix /etc/modprobe.d entry for the device.

9.  Reboot.

Is there a simpler way?

Thanks, Geoff.