> Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 16:10:14 +0300
> From: Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobg...@gmail.com>
>
>    - Ability to set the Bidi base direction explicitly of each paragraph.

Paragraph direction is determined by the first letter that has strong
directionality.  If this is what you want, it should happen
automatically.  (It does in Emacs 24.1.)  If you need this in a
paragraph whose first strong directional letter is of the "wrong"
directionality, then start the paragraph with either u+200e (LRM) or
u+200f (RLM) character, according to the desired paragraph direction.

>    - SMTP TLS support for email delivery. (Setting up sendmail to use SMTP
>    TLS would also be acceptable.)
>    - Attachements.
>    - Reading email. Archiving/threading, etc.
>
> Actually I would be perfectly happy if I could fullfill these requirements
> within emacs.

You can.  Emacs 24.1 can be built with GnuTLS built-in, and of course
it supports everything else.