Hey Sasha,

> Really? I thought that it could be a useful data for "advanced" uses.

It was removed in commit 094f922a34d6378d6a3bd1d137f90d6530685f94.  It
was a simpler version of a patch that Ira had proposed on the mailing
list.

> I cannot understand why are you trying to make things there as
> "private" as technically possible (even on price of extra code size
> and complexity). Finally it is an open source stuff, so let to users
> to use it how they want and for their own responsibility. :)

At the core of this patch (as well as some other patches I've submitted
on libibnetdiscover before), is cleaning up the interface of
libibnetdisc to be just the "core" of libibnetdisc.  We could stick
anything into the public structs that could have potential usefulness,
but at some point I think we need to limit ourselves to only the core
stuff.  Why not add the ibmad_port to the structs?  Or instead of
putting just the guids or lids in the structs, why not also the pkeys,
capability masks, or VL tables?

Al

--
Albert Chu