On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Sasha Khapyorsky <sas...@voltaire.com> wrote:
> On 11:56 Wed 30 Dec     , Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>>
>> Yes but why would SMA mess up attribute modifier though ?
>
> How could I know? :)
>
>> So is this
>> just detecting OpenSM bug with AM ?
>
> It is not for OpenSM internal bugs detecting. It is "don't trust to
> information from a network", in this specific case attribute modifier
> elements are used as pointers indexes (sl2vl tables),

Yes, I noticed that but...

> so OpenSM don't need to crash due to broken SMAs or other sort of attack.

I thought this was only done when these issues are actually found and
in general we are relying on compliance. Is there a specific known
issue here ?

If we are worrying about this as a general principle, there are more
places to bullet proof like this. I am wondering about why the
exception here.

-- Hal