On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Chris Worley <worl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 3:17 PM, David Dillow <d...@thedillows.org> wrote:

>>> I do set the ib_srp initiator "srp_sg_tablesize" to its maximum of 58.
>>
>> The max is 255, which will guarantee you can send up to a 1020 KB I/O
>> without breaking it into two SCSI commands. In practice, you're likely
>> to be able to send larger requests, as you will often have some
>> contiguous runs in the data pages.
>
> I've tried a larger max... 58 is all I can get.  Maybe getting more is
> dependent on some other setting.

The SRP spec says that the target must specify the maximum message
size in the SRP_LOGIN_RSP information unit. The largest value one can
set the srp_sg_tablesize initiator parameter to is (max. SRP message
size defined by the target - 68) / 16. With older SCST-SRPT revisions
the maximum SRP message size was 996 bytes, hence a maximum of 58 for
srp_sg_tablesize. With newer SCST-SRPT revisions the maximum message
size defaults to 2116, which corresponds to a maximum of 128 for
srp_sg_tablesize. The maximum message size can even be increased
further via the module parameter srp_max_message_size of ib_srpt (see
also srpt/src/README in the SCST source tree).

Bart.