>I don't have a problem with ai_src_addr being set, when necessary, but
>setting it unconditionally seems wrong to me. In most cases the kernel
>should select the source during route resolution, not be forced to
>something in userspace.

Just to be precise, the source is selected during address resolution, and the
existing APIs allow the user to indicate that a specific source should be used.

This is a requirement of some applications.

>Not sure what you mean that ACM requires it? Doesn't ACM plug in at
>the rdma_getaddrinfo stage? If so it can get the source on its own
>like you did in this patch. I agree that ACM should always return
>results with the source set, because it is providing path records
>relative to a specific adaptor.

Yes - the code to set the source could move from librdmacm into ACM.

I can change rdma_getaddrinfo to only set the source address if either the user
provides one through a hint, or if resolved through ACM.

- Sean