Dr. Panda, Jeff, and Ishai,

We are trying to get XRC integrated into the next mainstream kernel.

For the kernel submission, I added a destroy_xrc_rcv_qp method (to be
used if the application did not require persistence of the xrc_rcv qp
after the creating process terminated -- per Diego Copernicoff's request).
This did not affect the core API of create/modify/unreg that you have
been using until now.

However, even without the new destroy method (as I suggest below),
having the creating process call unreg is still a bit counterintuitive,
since it calls create, and registration is a side-effect.

Roland is now intensively reviewing the XRC patches, and a made suggestion
to simplify the API which Tziporet and I agree with (see Roland's comments
below).

Please comment on this suggestion (which is to have reg_xrc_rcv_qp do create
as well).
This is a minor change, that would require two changes in your current calls:
1. Instead of calling create_xrc_rcv_qp(), as is done currently, MPI would call
   u32 qp_num = 0xFFFFFFFF;
        err = reg_xrc_rcv_qp(xrcd, &qp_num);
   and would have the created qp number returned in qp_num;
   (the qp_init attributes in the old create_xrc_rcv_qp are all ignored except
for
   the xrc domain handle anyway)

2. instead of calling reg_xrc_rcv_qp(xrcd, qp_num), you would need to set the
   qp number in a u32 variable, and call reg_xrc_rcv_qp(xrcd, &qp_num).

The other xrc_rcv_qp verbs would work as they work now.

Regarding OFED, this change would not affect OFED 1.5.x ; it would only enter
OFED at 1.6.x.

Please comment.

-Jack

P.S. You can see the submission/discussion of XRC starting at:
        http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-rdma@vger.kernel.org/msg02792.html