Walukiewicz, Miroslaw wrote:
Hello Steve, I want to add a change preventing creation of the L2 RAW_QPT from user priviledge (uid = 0 will be able to do such operation)
What is the best place to do such change: ibv_create_qp in libibverbs(verbs.c)
or  allowing to  decide for NIC vendors if they want to enable such API to user
or root. In that case the change is requested only for libnes library?

I think it should be done in your kernel driver in your create_qp function. The user space libraries really aren't trusted. IE someone would write their own library to call into the kernel to create this qp. So only in the kernel can you enforce privs.

Steve.