On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Michael Di Domenico
<mdidomeni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Michael Di Domenico
> <mdidomeni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Ira Weiny <wei...@llnl.gov> wrote:

>>> infiniband-diags does not do a chown.
>>
>> Sorry for the late reply, your reply got lost in my email bins...
>>
>> I should correct my statement, when RPM does the cpio extraction of
>> the data that's what's reporting the error

>>> I just tried this on a vanilla Fedora 15 system and was able to build the
>>> source rpms just fine.
>>>
>>> Try building and installing in this order.
>>>
>>> libibumad-1.3.7-1.src.rpm
>>> libibmad-1.3.7-1.src.rpm
>>> opensm-3.3.9-1.src.rpm
>>> infiniband-diags-1.5.8-1.src.rpm
>>
>> these all build correctly using the install.pl file upto the
>> infiniband-diags file then i get
>>
>> error: unpacking archive file on file /usr/local: cpio: Operation not
>> supported
>>

> the file that seems to get included in the rpm is
>
> /usr/local/lib64/perl5/IBswcountlimits.pm
>
> i can't seem to locate where that's coming from though

Looks like the spec file pulls the "installsitearch" from the perl
config.  on redhat 5 there doesn't seem to be an installsitearch
variable defined in the perl -V output, but on redhat 6 there is a
-Dinstallsitearch=/usr/local/lib64

this is a redhat 6'ism, i did a fresh install of rhel6.0 to test
whether it was something i messed up in the perl or not, but it wasn't
me.

i can likely work around the issue in the short term by recompiling
the spec file by hand