Sean,

Both MVAPICH1 and MVAPICH2 have XRC support for many years and are being
used by many large-scale production clusters.

For MVAPICH1, this support is available in both the standard Gen2
interface and the Hybrid (UD-RC/XRC) interface.

>From MVAPICH1 user guide (sec 4.4.1), you can find the following:

"eXtended Reliable Connnection Support (XRC): By default this support is
compiled in to allow the usage of the new scalable XRC transport of
InfiniBand. OFED 1.3 or later is required. If using an older version, then
remove the -DXRC from the CFLAGS variable."

The runtime flag is VIADEV_USE_XRC

Class: Run Time
Applicable device(s): Gen2
When MVAPICH is compiled with the XRC CFLAGS, this parameter enables use
of the XRC transport of InfiniBand available on certain adapters. Enabling
XRC automatically enables Shared Receive Queue and on-demand connection
management.

The hybrid (UD-RC/XRC) interface automatically selects the appropriate
interface at run time.

Not sure which interface (gen2 or hybrid you are using). If you are using
the gen2 interface, looks like you are not using the correct runtime flag
to enable XRC with MVAPICH1.

Thanks,

DK