> In fact, I'm not sure if it will fail loading because of unresolved
> references).  Indeed, I am not sure that the app can run at all due
> to unresolved references.

The dlopen of mlx4 should fail due to unresolved references, so the
net effect will be that no apps cannot open the RDMA device in this
situation - so it is an invalid system configuration that is properly
detected by the runtime.

> The problem here is that the new additions need support in
> libibverbs in order to work (this is not simply a "pass-through" by
> libibverbs to the lower layer).

The hope is once the infrastructure is in libibverbs there will not
be as much need to change libibverbs, just the apps and the drivers.