On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Flavio Baronti
<f.baro...@list-group.com> wrote:
> I'm new to RDMA development and I have a question regarding resource release.
> If I understood correctly, when ibv_get_cq_event returns, it holds some sort
> of lock over the completion queue, which is released when I call
> ibv_req_notify_cq. This lock is checked also in ibv_destroy_cq, so that:
> 1) When ibv_destroy_cq returns, I am certain that there is no thread running
> somewhere between ibv_get_cq_event and ibv_req_notify_cq
> 2) When ibv_destroy_cq returns, I am certain that ibv_get_cq_event will not
> return the destroyed cq any more.

There is a paragraph in the IBTA that warns that the above sequence
can cause WQE and data segment leakage in the HCA for QPs associated
with an SRQ. I don't know though whether this can also occur for QPs
with a private receive queue - I'm not a HCA firmware expert.

Bart.