On 09:20 Thu 31 Jan     , Doug Ledford wrote:
> On 01/31/13 02:21, Alex Netes wrote:

> >> I've always used "Default-start:" without any listed levels, but I
> >> haven't really tested it either and the spec is not specific about this
> >> particular possible configuration.
> >>

> > It's how the script was defined before. The behavior on RHEL and SLES is
> > different when not specifying "Default-start:". On RHEL, `chkconfig opensmd
> > on`
> > adds the service to the default runlevels: 2 3 4 5. While on SLES it
> > doesn't.
>
> That sounds like a bug in SLES to be honest.  chkconfig opensmd on
> without --levels should follow the Default-Start: item (just like
> chkconfig add opensmd).

I think that RHEL and SLES implemented chkconfig differently. From man page of
chkconfig on RHEL: "By  default,  the  on  and off options affect only
runlevels 2, 3, 4, and 5". While in SLES nothing is mentioned regarding the
defaults.
It's not acceptable to load opensm by default on boot, so I don't see other
choice right now except of reverting commit
01ab74450fd1227cf2dfb9219ffd697d3beb4a45
or doing something similar of what I suggested at the start of the thread.

--Alex