Hi all,

as proposed by Or, let's discuss this on the mailing list.

This is a fundamental change required for everything related to
multipathing. It influences automatic reconnect patches which will
follow. So let's agree on the right solution here first before looking
at other patches.

In my opinion the 'add_target' sysfs attribute shouldn't be used for any
manual reconnect as well. This is why my patch rejects the double login
attempt instead of reconnecting an existing connection.
This can help to find scripting issues and things like this. We can't
expect that all users are using the srp-tools.

Please compare with Bart's version and let's discuss this here.
https://github.com/bvanassche/ib_srp-backport/commit/7d8774ff58d489858b1c046b2bf01b4e84e8dd9b

Cheers,
Sebastian