Hi,

On 02/12/15 03:48, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> The existing cedar driver code already has a semaphore, but is
> only doing some strange and pointless manipulations with it.
> Now use this semaphore to actually protect /dev/cedar_dev from
> being simultaneously opened by multiple users.
>
> When the cedar driver is already occupied, any new attempts to
> open /dev/cedar_dev just block until the current user closes it.

Not that I would bother much, but it might lock out some blob versions.

At least some versions open cedar_dev twice, once for memory allocation
and once for mmaping the register space.
The "old" version used in xbmc and willswang's vlc would work, but the
"open source" (allwinner-zh/media-codec) one doesn't. (but it doesn't
really work anyway...)

Regards,
Jens