Quoting Christopher Sawtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Greetings to the list.
>
> The next meeting on October 11th. ( tomorrow ) is going to be a
> double-barrelled affair.
>
> 1) We are going to hear Wesley Parish expound on virtualisers &
> emulators.
>  He is going to demonstrate the qemu emulator running a variety of
>  guest operating systems including Win98 and WinNT 4.0

A slight correction - owing to memory and storage requirements, I will be only
showing Qemu on Linux running MS Win98 as guestOS.
>  For further information about qemu please refer to:
>
>  http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/about.html
>
>  This is going to be a pretty interesting talk because Wesley has found
> that emulators and virtualisers have become more than just a passing fad
> for
> him. He wants to share his genuine enthusiasm for them with us, and I
> can
> assure you that he is pretty knowledgeble about qemu. We are going to
> attempt
> to demonstrate the MYOB accounting package running under qemu on my
> Gentoo
> Linux ThinkPad.

It's a way of keeping one's investment in Windows stuff like MYOB while looking
around for something better.  I imagine there are people out there wanting to
have something of the sort - or so the buzz about VMWare etc, leads me to
believe.

> 2) Concurrently we are going to have a 'Help me configure my Linux box'
>  session. Please bring your complete computer including the mains
> cables,
>  but there is no need to bring mains splitter boxes or network cables.
>
> Currently there are no takers for this fixup / configuration session so
> if
> anybody has a need for help getting anything set-up now is the time to
> make
> mention of it.
>
> Note:- It's much easier for the helper if he has some time to think
> about the
> problem. So NOW is the hour.
>
> There are two rooms with a separating door so this should be possible.
>
> Tea and Coffee will be available, you may bring biscuits etc. should you
> so
> wish. It costs $30 to hire the hall for the evening, so there has to be
> $2.00 (minimum) door charge. To encourage members' attendance, the Door
> Raffle Prize this month is a DVD of the Mandriva Linux Limited Edition
> 2005.
>
>  CLUG Meeting at the
>  St. Albans Community Resource Centre
>  1047 Columbo Street
>
>  7:30 p.m. Tuesday 11th. October 2005
>
> Finally, Suggestions for next months talk would be very welcome.
>
> --
> CS

Wesley Parish

"Sharpened hands are happy hands.
"Brim the tinfall with mirthful bands"
- A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge

"I me.  Shape middled me.  I would come out into hot!"
I from the spicy that day was overcasked mockingly - it's a symbol of the
other horizon. - emacs : meta x dissociated-press