On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 1:53 AM, Wesley Parish
<wes.par...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Just came across this on Techdirt:
> http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20090430/1400034708.shtml
> New Zealand Officials To Scrap Copyright Law; Start From Scratch
>
> Now that's an interesting result from the hoo-haa over the
> guilty-as-alleged-sans-proof law we were almost saddled with.  (I don't care
> to be ridden by morons, thank you! :)
>
> Any comments?

yeah sure.

1. The originally proposed code of practice for ISP's gave plenty of
prootection for consumers and did not amount to guilt without proof.

2. The media companies wanted something tougher than the proposed code.

3. the legislation that the code was under has been scrapped to be
replaced by "something else"

4. The current government is pro business, including the multimedia
conglomerates who do want automatic takedown and guilt upon
accusation.

5. Conclusion: we will end up with something worse than the code that
wass proposed by the ISP's.