Ross Drummond wrote, On 17/03/10 13:15:
On Wednesday 17 March 2010, you wrote:
Chris Downie wrote, On 17/03/10 11:59:
I too have a modem free to a good home. It's a Dynalink e-modem
(1456VQE-C). Complete, in original box. Please contact me off-list if you
want it.
Crikey - that might class as a collectible antique by now... Specially
when its in the original box still.

My old ISA Dynalink modem, V1456VQH-R5-NZL, will forever hold a special place in my heart. Why? This dial up modem never disconnected, no matter what conditions the copper cables submerged below the water table for 30 years or Telecoms coal fired exchange threw at it. I used to download iso images with wget and this 56k modem. It would take three nights, downloading between bed-e-byes and sparrow fart.

Likewise - my netcomm pocket rocket is safely stored.... 1200 baud of goodness, and it used 9V batteries like they were going out of fashion.

--
Craig Falconer
  The Total Team - Secure Networks for Serious Business