On 14-06-24 07:06 AM, Kevin Hao wrote:
On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 10:34:35AM +0800, Kevin Hao wrote:
On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:39:57AM -0400, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
On 14-06-23 02:59 AM, Sven Vos wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to get a Keyboard working on a Beaglebone Black. But after
building a non-custom core-image-minimal and running it on the
beaglebone black, i saw that the display works, but my keyboard doesnt.
I think it has something to do with the USB OTG but i have not a clue
what need to be done to get it work. Does anybody got it working yet?

Kevin has been supporting the yocto BSP for us, so adding him on the
cc'.

That being said, I'm not sure if the BBB is in a lab environment for
him, and hence no physical USB keyboard to use or test.

I do have a BBB in hand. I will take a look at this issue.

It seems that the usb drivers are built as modules by default. But the
kernel-modules is not installed by default on core-image-minimal image.
That's the reason why the usb keyboard can't work. So we have two options:
   a) config usb drivers as built-in
   b) install the kernel-modules on core-image-minimal

I prefer to option (a) since it makes no sense to build them as modules for
a specific BSP. But it seems that many drivers such as sound, display and usb
are configured as modules in beaglebone.cfg. Do we have any special reason to
do so? Should we convert all of them to built-in?

No special reason that I know of. I'm find with converting them to built-in.
Basic/core functionality is fine to include at all times!

Bruce

Thanks,
Kevin