From: list-boun...@lists.pfsense.org [mailto:list-boun...@lists.pfsense.org] On
Behalf Of Martin Fuller
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 1:48 PM
To: list@lists.pfsense.org
Subject: [pfSense] Issue Creating New VLAN Interfaces

Hello All,

This is my first post to this mailing list so please let me know if I break
protocol, not sure where to turn at the moment.

I'm running pfSense 2.0.1 (amd64) and I'm no longer able to add new VLANs to
the firewall.

I go to Interfaces > (assign) > VLANs > Add (interfaces_vlan_edit.php) to add a
new VLAN, but as soon as I click save the firewall completely stops routing
traffic, causing all my hosts to become invisible to the world.
I am still able to interface with the firewall itself, and removing the new
VLAN and rebooting seems to fix the problem, but I don't know why I can no
longer add VLANs as I have been doing.
The VLAN Tag I am adding is "58", I don't think I'm hitting a hard limit but
putting this here anyway.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate some
suggestions.

Regards,
Martin Fuller