Am 12.03.2012 um 10:42 schrieb Tankred Hase:

> > It is incompatible but if you don't go out and make a big fuzz about it, as
> > one of the VLC devs did, then
> > Apple will allow it, if the app itself complies with their rules. There are
> > a lot of open source apps in the app store
> > right now, the best example is the wordpress app.
>
> This may not be an issue for hobby and non-profit projects. But a company
> would rather choose another library such as the stanford ctypto library with
> a less restrictive BSD license than risk going into a legal grey area for
> comercial purposes.
>
> It may make sense to address those concerns if the library is to be useful
> for commercial applications. Thats why I find MIT/GPL dual licensing models
> rather elegant... code contributions to the project are only accepted if they
> are licensed under both licenses.

Oh absolutely, dual licensing would be the best way to go. (L)GPL is certainly
not the way to go to if OpenPGP.js should
be implemented in commercial applications, due to its way too restrictive
nature.
So either drop (L)GPL all together or provide dual licensing.

In my previous answer I just wanted to point out that Apple doesn't care as
much about licenses, unless you
start using it to bash them for having allowed an app into the app store which
doesn't comply with their store rules
and that they should change them.
> Tankred

> http://openpgpjs.org