Hi Betty,

This is normal  because Exceptions do not survive
serialization. In LoggingEvent there is a method
called getThrowableInformation which returns the
string representation of the exception including stack
trace. One problem with this approach is that this
string representation is not as easy to manipulate  as
the raw thorwable.

In log4j 1.1, there will be a new object that will
represent exceptions including stack trace which will
not suffer from the above problem and will be
serializable unlike java.lang.Throwable.

Regards, Ceki

--- Betty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I try to log a message with debug method
> I pass the message and throwable to it.
> I find that I cannot read back the throwable in
> server side.
> It returns a null object to me.
> How can I read it back in ServerSide?
>
> Betty Pang

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
---------
Ceki Gulcu                         E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rumine 5                           Tel:    ++41-21-351 23 15
CH-1005 Lausanne/Switzerland