Hi,

I am new to Log4J, I am facing a problem, please help me.

I am developing a logging system for my application
Basically I providing an interface which logs mesages from the application to different files.
I am using Log4J version 0.9.0 internally.

I am using  FileAppender with  PatternLayout and logging with warn(), info(), debug() and error();

Here is the code that i am using.

 FileAppender fileAppender=null;
 Category  popCategory=Category.getInstance("POP");
 String strLogPath = "C:\pop.log"

  try
  {
   fileAppender= new FileAppender(new PatternLayout("%d{yyyy:MM:dd HH:mm:sss} %c [%-5p] : %m%n"),strLogPath);
   popCategory.addAppender(fileAppender);
  }
  catch (IOException ioe)
  {
   System.out.println("Catched Io Exception"+ioe.toString());
  }
then following method is being called repeatedly in a loop

 public synchronized void  writeLog(,String message)
 {
   popCategory.warn(message);
   System.out.println("POP   :"+message);
  }

Now the problem is, each logging request to this mehtod is logging the corresponding message multiple times in the log file
where as the corresponding System.Out.println() prints it only once per request on the console.
In the log file the messages are being written twice, trice,four times,five times and so on.......
The code above is the only code related to logging.

Can anybody tell me the reason behind this or Has anybody experienced the same problem.
Please help me.

Thanks in advance
Rupesh

"Here is a simple test to find out whether your mission on earth has
 finished,
        If you are alive ,it isn't"

QuantumLink Communications, Bombay, India