At 15:19 12.04.2001 -0400, Jeffrey Bonevich wrote:
>Ceki -
>
>Now that I look at the top of the source for PropertyConfigurator I see a mesage
>to this effect.  D'oh!  Double that for the mail list archives.  Thanx!
>
>Anywho, I have now converted over to using DomConfigurator, but I am still
>having problems.  Pulled in the JAXP classes (including Crimson XML), already
>had Xerces, etc.  (BTW, I am working in VisualAge 3.5 here at work; managing
>different versions of the same packages is a pain), set up an XML config file,
>and start up the app (servlet).  But I get the following errors:

"logj:configuration" is a typo. I just fixed it. I am also going to add the
"configurator" element so that log4j 1.1 will be 100% backward compatible with 1.0.x
even at the XML config file level. Sorry for the hassle.

Visual Age is known to have problems when library binaries change. You need to
re-import log4j code or whatever people do under VA. Regards, Ceki