Hi,

[[[A disclaimer: I've searched the archives for the solution to this but
found nothing that I like. And Bugzilla is down too, so I'm sorry if this
has been covered to death in this list.]]]

I'm having trouble with init of log4j for a servlet running in Tomcat. log4j
can't find the default config file, "log4j.properties".

The reason for this appears to be that log4j looks for
     static public final String DEFAULT_CONFIGURATION_FILE =
"log4j.properties";
by default, when it should really be looking for "/log4j.properties". The
slash prefix is significant when loading resources from the classpath. I
think this would solve the problems that I see other people have been
having.

Has this been discussed? Am I on the right track? Is it a bug? Can I submit
it?

Regards,
Steve Meyfroidt