Jeff and John,

I'll admit to knowing very little about Java in the Oracle database, but I'd think
that once you put log4j in the database it would naturally follow to log into db
tables rather than files or anything else.

I've contributed a JDBCAppender which works well in a normal log4j installation,
and by overriding one method (executeSql()) you would probably have something that
works great for your situation.

Kevin Steppe
Software Architect/Developer looking for work