Title: RE: Log4J & WebSphere

Hi there,

What I always do is install a generic service initializing a socket server.  This service is initialized using a properties file or an XML file.

In the classpath of the application server is a file log4j.poroperties containing only the following lines:

# BEGIN
# Attach appender SOCKET to root. Set root priority to Prority.DEBUG.
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, SOCKET

log4j.appender.SOCKET=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.SOCKET.RemoteHost=localhost
log4j.appender.SOCKET.Port=<port>
# END

This way, all messages are send to the socket appender and the generic server is writing them down according its configuration.

Gino.

     """
    (o -)
  In a world without fences...