I see it all the time, but have no way to get rid of it.  At least (for me,
anyway), it's benign and logging still happens correctly.

-Jim Moore

-----Original Message-----
From: Yoav Shapira [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 3:59 PM
To: LOG4J Users Mailing List
Subject: JAXP vs. Xerces vs. Crimson/Xalan

Hi there,
I'm getting a java.lang.LinkageError exception at runtime when the
Tomcat 4.0 classloader tries to load org.xml.parsers.ErrorHandler.class.
(Both in 1.2.2 and 1.3.1 JVMs).  Have other people run into this?

I think it's related to the versions of xerces.jar, crimson.jar, and
xalan.jar I have in my classpath.  Everything will also compile with
jaxp.jar (v1.1, downloaded from Sun) in the path, but the same error
occurs.  The linkage exception is gone when I remove xerces.jar from
WEB-INF/lib, but I do need xerces for other stuff.

Insight?  Suggestions?  Thanks,

Yoav