Manik,

Thanks for your offer. One interesting feature I have in mind is a
FallbackErrorHandler. ErrorHandlers are attached to appenders such that they are
invoked when an error occurs. Currently, all appenders come with OnceOnlyErrorHandler
which reports an error once ignoring following errors (of the same appenders). A
FallbackErrorHandler would replace a failing appender with a backup appender. For
example, if a JDBCAppender failed for whatever reason then the FallbackErrorHandler
would replace it with a say FileAppender.

DomConfigurator comes with support for ErrorHandlers, you "just" have to write one...
Regards, Ceki