Anupam,

You should not ask non-development related question on the developpers list. I don't
it's a complicated rule. Is it?

Anyway, your STDOUT appender is defined as follows.

        <appender name="STDOUT" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
           <param name="File" value="System.out" />
             <param name="ConversionPattern"
                    value="%d %-5p [%t] %C{2} (%F:%L) - %m%n"/>
           </layout>
        </appender>

Log4j gives you the following warning:

log4j:WARN File option not set for appender [STDOUT].
log4j:WARN Are you using FileAppender instead of ConsoleAppender?

You should use the console appender instead, as follows:

        <appender name="STDOUT" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
             <param name="ConversionPattern"
                    value="%d %-5p [%t] %C{2} (%F:%L) - %m%n"/>
           </layout>
        </appender>

Hope this helps. Please also try to play by the rules. Regards, Ceki