Hallo,

I want use log4j with EJB's and Servlets. For this I would define one DEBUG
class based on Log4j Category, which should contains the same methods like
Log4j Category. e.g.

// for servlets (the same for EJB's)
public BaseServlet extends HttpServlet {
     protected static DEBUG debug = new DEBUG();

public class DEBUG {

     DEBUG() {
         // initialize data
     }

     public final static void debug(String message) {
         cat.debug(message);
     }

     public final static void info(String message) {
         cat.info(message);
     }

     public final static void warn(String message) {
         cat.warn(message);

DEBUG should be used by all classes and should load own PatternLayout. But
if I call my debug in my log file I see DEBUG.java as caller.

Waht is the best solution for this?

Best Regards,
Rafal