Hi,

I have just started to use Log4j and am having an inconsistency problem.

My log4j.properties file looks like this

log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT.LocationInfo=true
log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT.Port=4445
log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT.RemoteHost=localhost
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, CHAINSAW_CLIENT

I use this for debugging.  In one project I get location info but in another
one I don't get location info.
What is going on??

Here is the code I'm using in both

<--- start code --->

package com.move.cool;

import org.apache.log4j.*;

public class LogMe  {
  private static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(LogMe.class.getName());

  public LogMe() {

    log.info("--Hello1");
    log.info("--Hello3");
    log.error("--Hello5");
    log.warn("--Hello6");
    log.error("MAJOR PROBLEM");
    System.out.println("End");

    System.out.println("Begin");
    LogMe logMe = new LogMe();
    System.out.println("End");

<--- end code --->

intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you receive this e-mail in error, any use, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is not permitted. You are requested to
forward unwanted e-mail and address any problems to the
MIM Holdings Limited Support Centre.

For general enquires:   ++61 7 3833 8000
Support Centre e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Support Centre phone:   Australia 1800500646
                                        International ++61 7 38338042