On 06/06/2001 at 10:47 +0100, Peter Haworth wrote:
>On Sat, 2 Jun 2001 19:54:04 +0100, Robin Szemeti wrote:
>> however Sir Arnold Bax [1] got slightly closer to the truth:
>>
>> "One should try everything once, except incest and folk dancing"

>Bah, I had it in my sig file (now amended) as Sir Thomas Beecham. However,
>see the bottom of http://www.paston.co.uk/ukppg/kempsmen.html for a bit of
>investigation.

Argh! Paston Chase! Norwich! Make the memories stop, Daddy!

On the day of the last general election I saw the May Day morris men
outside Norwich Cathedral. Odd juxtaposition if you ask me. Turns out
it was this lot. (There was a surprisingly big group of people,
considering how early in the morning it was.)

>Incidentally, why won't AltaVista find any pages containing "arnold bax"?
>(or "arnold", or "bax", for that matter)

I think you'll find everyone's using Google these days, cos it's not
shit. AV looks borked to me.

--
:: paul
:: 'this incredibly cool hands-on