From: Matthew Byng-Maddick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 9/21/01 2:32:12 PM

>> There is, of course, as Robin pointed out, also the
>> possibility that at about stage 2 much time is wasted
>> assuming that 2 is the number of elements in the list
>> instead of the last element.
>
> I realised this wasn't the case, because that would
> require parentheses.

Oops. Wrong. Parentheses would have made it a _list_ which still
returns the last element. I think you're confusing arrays and
lists.

>Oh well, how well would I have done in the interview? :-)

Fine... right up to that last bit :)

Dave...

--
<http://www.dave.org.uk>

Mention The Lord of the Rings just once more and I'll more than
likely kill you,
"Moorcock! Moorcock! Michael Moorcock!" you fervently moan.
   - Half Man Half Biscuit (Dickie Davies Eyes)