* at 20/02 00:02 +0000 David Cantrell said:
> > On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Kate L Pugh wrote:
> > > * "How about offering a free pint to first-time attendees at the social?"
>
> That was originally my silly suggestion, but I'll stand by it.  I'll buy
> a $drink_of_choice for a few new faces.

is a good idea too as it's a bit weird to walk up to a bunch of
strangers and offer to buy them $alchohol but buying your own drink
and then sitting nursing it in the corner isn't all that social. on
the other hand if you get bought a drink it tends to draw you in.

now we just need the i am not a new member tattoos to prevent abuse ;)