On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 08:55:40PM +0000, Dirk Koopman wrote:

> It is a debatable point these days whether it is is still actually worth
> while becoming a contractor. The only way it is likely to to work for
> you is if you truely are an independant entity; i.e. IR35 does not apply
> to you (or rather: you pass the tests in it that say it doesn't apply).

What part of "I don't give a monkeys about IR35 as I have no intention of
being an evil tax-evader" did you not understand? :-)

It's still worthwhile in that it's better than doing nothing.  Whilst I have
savings to last me at least another couple of months without working, I'd
really rather not eat in to them, and anyway, if I don't do something
productive I'll go mad.

> If you want to be a body for hire you lose most of the benefits of being
> employed (paid holiday, sick pay, paid training etc) and you are now
> still taxed as though you were still employed.

So charge them more to make up for the lack of holiday and sickness payment.
I don't see the problem here.

--
David Cantrell    |    Degenerate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

   The voices said it's a good day to clean my weapons