> Have you released your magic SysV CPAN packager anywhere?

Unfortunately not.  Partly because trying to release code here is a
Byzantine labyrinth that I haven't successfully navigated yet, but mostly
because a key part of it (the bit that actually generates the package)
uses an internally developed tool, without which it's pretty worthless.

For easy Solaris packaging I recommend taking at look at NetBSD's
pkgsrc system;

    http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html

which can apparently build native packages on NetBSD, Solaris, OS X, and
others.

One day, I'll get around to examining it in detail.

1        1         2         3         4         5         6         7    7
         0         0         0         0         0         0         0    5
                                                    -- The 75 column-ometer
Global Messaging,                 A: Top posting
120 Cheapside, x83331             Q: What's the most annoying e-mail habit?