Marek,

I've done this with KDM on a Redhat 7.2 machine.

In your /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc file, you can add entries like the following:

#
# These entries will allow auto-login.
#
# Each workstation can have its own unique user id
#

[X-ws004:0-Core]
AutoLoginEnable=true
AutoLoginUser=jam

[X-ws005:0-Core]
AutoLoginEnable=true
AutoLoginUser=fred

[X-ws006:0-Core]
AutoLoginEnable=true
AutoLoginUser=betty

Each of the workstations will automatically log in as the designated user.

I've heard that GDM can also be convinced to do auto-login, but i've not
tried it.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]