Hi,
I made a package which does exactly what you want. It is on
http://www.geocities.com/patpertusus/ called lts_kmap. I took gunzip from my
distro.

It is an /etc/rc.d script, thus there are 2 variables to put in lts.conf
RCFILE_xx= lts_kmap
KEYMAP= fr

It may be installed like other tgz package, and I even included a .spec file to
do that but I haven't tested it.

Pat