On Mon, 13 May 2002 16:55:59 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a nutshell, I want LTSP servers...not LTSP workstations.

    Sure; that's what Beowulf clusters use.  This would require some customization,
it'd just be running in character mode, level 3, but speaking as a guy who's done a
lot of this, there IS a good reason not to do it this way: reliability.

    If everything's on one server, you have a critical path for failure: one bad hub
or NFS problem and the entire thing is DOA.  Seperate servers, though a pain in the
butt to individually maintain, are more likely to remain free-standing in times of
trouble.  Besides, the hardware for doing most of these tasks are simple enough to use
"old" hardware, anyway.

    But it's fun to think about, aye?  :)

Brian Fahrländer              Linux Zealot, Conservative, and Technomad
ICQ  5119262
AOL: WheelDweller
Yahoo: WheelDweller           Me: http://www.kamakiriad.com/aboutme.html