Am Sonntag, 1. September 2002 23:21 schrieb Martin Herweg:
> Hi !
>
> I was led into the wrong direction by the Etherboot Network Interface
> Card Database, which suggests the smc9000 module,
> but smc9000 does not work with this Card.

We have almost no possibility to confirm that the user supplied data in the
NIC DB is correct, especially if the user who supplies the data does not
leave an email address.
In your case, we have two entries that match your card:

http://etherboot.sf.net/db/nic.php?show=tech_data&id=50 (correct)
and
http://etherboot.sf.net/db/nic.php?show=tech_data&id=131 (the misleading
one)

So I think it would be best to remove the second entry, or is anybody here
with an SMC card with chip 83C790QF that is working with the smc9000
driver?

Georg